School / Location: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford, RM7 0HG.
Start Date: September 2022
Salary: Grade 3 SCP 5-9 (FTE £22,575 – £24,243)
NJC Outer London
Hours: 36 hours per week term time plus inset days
Closing Date: 20.06.22 at midday
Interviews: W/C 20.6.22
Start Date: 01.9.2022
Do you want to join an outstanding new school looking to appoint an ambitious Higher Level Teaching Assistant?
Concordia Academy opened as a new free school in 2016. In 2018, we moved into our superb new purpose-built site on Union Road in Romford. We are offering you:
- the opportunity to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art building
- fantastic opportunities for career development and progression
- the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new project and to help shape the direction of a new school
- extensive professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills
About the Role
We are looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with a flexible mindset, someone who is able to support the learning of a range of learners across the school. Responsibilities will include:
- being responsible for the education, safeguarding and care of the children in the school
- covering classes when required and as directed by SLT, and ensuring good outcomes
- implementing work programmes for individuals/groups, including leading on targeted interventions.
- enabling access to learning for students and assisting teachers in the behaviour management of learners in the classroom and in transitions around the school.
- Supervising the physical and general care of students, including those with SEND
- Leading on outdoor provision at break and lunchtimes.
What We Are Looking For
- ideally a HLTA qualification (but this is not essential)
- experience of working with children in more than one key stage
- someone who is an effective communicator with excellent literacy and numeracy skills, and with accurate spoken English
- someone with a flexible and can-do attitude, and a team player
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. If you would like an informal chat about the role then please contact us and ask to speak to the Headteacher.
The contact details are: Mr Raheel Akhtar
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01708 932710
How to apply:
Completed applications should be returned to: Raheel Akhtar
By post: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford RM7 0HG
Or by email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 20.6.22 at Midday
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.