Free School Meals
As of September 2014 all children in the Early Years and Key Stage 1 (Reception – Year 2) are entitled to a free school lunch each day.
You may also be aware of the Pupil Premium grant. This is money given to schools depending on the number of children they have on Free School Meals, this money has formed a significant part of our budget and so I am sure you understand that we do not wish to lose any of this money which goes towards resources for our children.
If you or your child is receiving any of the following benefits you may be eligible for free school meals:
- Income support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (your household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits you receive).
If you think you are eligible under the above criteria, it would be extremely beneficial to the school if you completed the form accessed by the link below. This would ensure the school remains fully funded.
If you have any questions regarding entitlement or about the government funded universal free school meal then please do get in touch.