Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grade 2 SCP 1-5 NJC Outer London
Salary: Pro Rata (£6939-£7347)
Hours: 12.5 hours per week 3.30pm – 6pm Monday – Friday
term time (38) plus 1 additional week (39)
Closing Date: 30.06.23
Interviews: Applications will be considered upon submission
Do you want to join an outstanding new school looking to appoint an efficient cleaner with an eye for detail?
Concordia Academy opened as a new free school in 2016. In 2018, we moved into our superb new purpose-built site on Union Road in Romford.
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic people to join our in-house cleaning team. The successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring the school environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
Working 12.5 hours per week from 3:30pm to 6:00pm term time, you will be responsible for cleaning and ensuring that the site is well presented, free from litter and dirt, and that all toilets are checked, cleaned and stocked.
What We Are Looking For
Applicants will be expected to
- Have experience of cleaning to a high standard, be able to follow instructions including COSHH and be confident in the use of relevant cleaning equipment. The role may include some manual handling and applicants will need to be in good health and physically fit.
- Someone to ensure that all equipment, chemicals, and additional resources are treated with respect and are kept safe during and after use.
- Someone to assist individually or as part of a team the cleaning of designated areas within the school premises as directed by the line manager to ensure they are kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Someone to carry out all cleaning tasks and duties as specified and directed by the line manager in accordance with the appropriate cleaning standards and specific school policy.
- Someone to ensure that all cleaning tasks and duties are carried out in a safe and proper manner utilising the appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Someone to ensure that due care and attention is taken at all times with regard to health and safety and all practices and procedures.
- Someone to attend meetings and participate in training as required
- Someone to ensure that the site is well presented, free from litter and dirt, and that all toilets are checked, cleaned and stocked.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the school.
Visits to the school can be arranged upon request. If you would like an informal chat about the role then please contact us and ask to speak to the School Business Manager.
The contact details are: Ms Clarke (Business Manager)
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01708 932710
How to apply:
Completed applications should be returned to: Ms Clarke
By post: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford RM7 0HG
Or by email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30.06.23
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.