Post: Attendance, Welfare and Administrative Officer May 23
School / Location: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford, RM7 0HG.
Start Date: May 2023
Salary: NJC Outer London Grade 3 points 6-9 FTE £25,212-£26,472 Actual wage will be pro rata based on agreed weeks per year.
Hours: 36 hours per week term time plus inset days and 1 additional week
Closing Date: Monday 8th May 2023
Interviews: Applications will be considered upon submission
Do you want to join an outstanding new school looking to appoint an ambitious Administration Assistant?
Concordia Academy opened as a new free school in 2016. In 2018, we moved into our superb new purpose-built site on Union Road in Romford. We are offering you:
- the opportunity to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art building
- fantastic opportunities for career development and progression
- the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting new project and to help shape the direction of a new school
- extensive professional development to enhance your knowledge and skills
About the Role
The Attendance, Welfare and Administrative Officer May 23 is an integral member of the office team. You will work under the direction and guidance of senior staff to improve school attendance through the effective working with pupils, families, pastoral support teams and other agencies, analysing data to guide interventions and evaluating their impact. You will provide general clerical, administrative and financial support to the school office along with a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all parents and carers, pupils, staff and visitors, in line with the school’s visions and values.
We are looking for someone
- To have oversight for the day-to-day management of all absence and attendance issues, escalating this as appropriate to the relevant senior staff
- To support administration staff in being responsible for successfully managing pupil absence and reporting each day, ensuring appropriate action is taken and escalated as appropriate
- To maintain a range of school records and data relating to pupil attendance records.
- To respond to requests for such data from a range of staff in the school and assist in the interpretation of such data and information.
- To work with Class Teachers to supply accurate pupil attendance data.
- To monitor and track data around attendance and attainment and to use this data to support identified groups of vulnerable young people to show an improvement in these areas.
- To monitor and evaluate attendance and punctuality data (daily, weekly, half-termly and termly) to review the success of the academy policies and initiatives to improve the attendance and punctuality of students where this is of concern, including arranging letters and discussions with parents/carers and producing achievement certificates where required
- In cases of poor attendance and / or welfare issues, to be proactive in assessing the situation and liaising with the appropriate professionals when pupils may need additional support.
- To offer general advice to parents and schools on education matters.
- To maintain regular contact and establish constructive relationships with families/carers of children in need of extra support, to keep them informed of the child’s needs and progress and to encourage positive family support and involvement.
- To proactively maintain and develop contacts with other statutory and voluntary agencies.
- To communicate and advise staff of the procedures and rules necessary for the correct functioning of the attendance system to ensure adherence to the school’s policies and processes with regards to the management of attendance problems and awareness of support programmes in place.
- To network with internal and external health/support agencies on a regular basis.
- To liaise with a range of health and support agencies with a view to seeking advice and support on behalf of students with specific concerns which may affect their attendance at school, under the direction of a member of the school management team.
- To work with the school leadership team, teaching staff and the relevant REAch2 central team so as to contribute to the review and development of school policies and processes relating to attendance management, ensuring adherence to DfE guidelines and consideration of the success of the school’s existing policies and processes.
- To evaluate the success of support initiatives with regard to school attendance problems and to produce reports on student attendance on a regular basis.
- To liaise with schools staff, EWO, Social Services, Health and Family Support services as appropriate to identify pupils at risk of disaffection.
- To have knowledge and appreciation of the range of activities, course, opportunities, organisations and individuals that could be drawn upon to provide extra support for pupils.
- To network with countywide learning mentors, parent support advisers, family support workers and the Education Welfare service to share best practice.
- To work proactively with school staff and other professionals to devise and monitor alternative education packages for disaffected or underachieving pupils within the social inclusion guidelines.
- Provide support for the inclusion team
- Oversee Educational Welfare across the academy
- Representing the academy at external meetings e.g. Social Services Case Conferences, Child in Need Meetings, LAC Reviews.
- Liaise with Academy Leadership Group to address welfare concerns.
- Ensuring support for students has a positive impact on raising achievement.
- Communicate effectively with all external agencies including possible alternative providers e.g. Special schools, LEA and other external agencies including CAMHs, Social Services, Police etc.
- Ensure effective communication/consultation as appropriate with the parents of students through phone, letter and home visits as relevant, ensuring student contracts are agreed and monitored.
- Monitor admin support systems, procedures & policies.
- Ensure all new staff, visitors, contractors and volunteers provide suitable documentation for appropriate checks to be made.
- Ensure that both paper and electronic systems are up to date and accurate and meet data protection and GDPR regulations.
- Use and maintain relevant IT systems, producing reports and information as required.
- Be flexible and proactive in suggesting new or more efficient ways of working and being an advocate of best practice and ongoing professionalism.
- Provide admin support to the Headteacher
- Support the organisation and effectiveness of governing body meetings and visits including taking minutes at subcommittee meetings as necessary.
- Carry out general office duties such as dealing with enquiries from visitors/parents in person/over the telephone, produce letters to parents, photocopying, filing etc.
- Assisting teachers in all aspects of their role, including contacting parents and pupils where necessary.
- Support the Headteacher in marketing the school.
- Organise refreshments and hospitality at school events and meetings as required.
- Draft and produce reports, timetables and correspondence.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. If you would like an informal chat about the role then please contact us and ask to speak to the School Business Manager.
The contact details are: Sophie Clarke (Business Manager)
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01708 932710
How to apply:
Completed applications should be returned to: Sophie Clarke
By post: Concordia Academy, Union Road, Romford RM7 0HG
Or by email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Applications will be considered upon submission
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.